The Roaring Gazette

The Roaring Gazette

IrvMart at JWMS

Vasa S., Writer

Recently, I began working at the school store. Before Monday, I had only seen Mr. Irving’s establishment from the crowded outside. On the inside, there is a deep layer of teamwork and seamless synchronization. On my first day, I had trouble because I didn’t know the costs and I couldn’t quite keep the line moving. People would give me $5 when they were buying a $1 pop-tart, and I had to make them wait a few minutes just to get change. My colleagues helped me learn the ropes.

Last afternoon, the line started to become more and more crowded. I learned right at the beginning that fruit roll-ups, fruit snacks, pop-tarts, honey buns, cinnamon rolls, danishes, and Oreos are the only sugary foods sold in the morning, while a lot of other candy is sold in the afternoon. People needed their candy so much that they pushed and pushed to get their skittles before their bus left. We needed as many people to get people what they need as quick as they can.

The school store is a great place to earn SSL hours. If you come at 7:55 in the morning and 3:00 in the afternoon, you will get 30 mins every day. It is a great opportunity to learn prices and managing a business. The school store is a great place to be, inside and out.

• IrvMart at JWMS

JW Sports

Archery Club at JW

• JW Student News

Green Team

• JW Student News

Readers are Leaders

• IrvMart at JWMS

JW Student News

Grades & Your GPA

• JW Student News

Hoods and Hats

• IrvMart at JWMS

JW Student News

The Newspaper Club

• IrvMart at JWMS

JW Sports

Softball at JW: All About the Lady Jags

• IrvMart at JWMS

JW Student News

SGA Elections: 2017

• IrvMart at JWMS

JW Student News

Parents Conference on November 10th

• JW Student News

Bullying

IrvMart at JWMS